Thanks to for picking us (well, me) as a Versatile Blogger. It was very thoughtful of her to consider me, but we do love those Aussies together. Along with Ruth I was tagged by the wickedly funny and awesome Kai at The List. Peter is the man over at and also gave the mob a nob for being all versatile, so I’ll try and not put you to sleep you with my tales.
The Rules for the Award are:
Thank the person who gave you this award (see above)
Share 7 things about yourself (see below)
Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reasons! (see way below)
Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
1. I have what is close to an unhealthy obsession with David Bowie. It began with Jareth and The Labyrinth when I was but a young girl. Truthfully I was kind of attracted to his evil darkness, but I don’t think I understood it. It’s very possible it began my long and twisted attraction to people that are slightly off and no question my adoration of men and women that can be slightly androgynous and sexually ambiguous. Besides the fact that he is a GOD of music. I could die listening to Bowie and be happy.
2. I cannot sit down and write focusing only on one thing. I always have at least five windows up and am constantly multitasking on here while also watching a movie, interacting with my youngest son, and/or doing the domestic responsibilities of a mom that tries to work, write, play, and make all the time for all the people that I love. This is why I’m a complete flake. It is simply a relief when others embrace it.
3. I’m not what one would consider a harsh reviewer. After four years of working on and off in video stores through the college years (Blockbuster, Family Video, AND Mammoth) I saw more movies than you could imagine, and since then I’ve continued to view them. I don’t want to be jaded by my movie knowledge, instead I try to find something good about each, because in some way that film was important to a lot of people who made it. Save the blasphemy of sequels and remakes, I’m sensitive to others creativity.
4. My grammar is shit. Even though I was an English/Psych major during my three year tryst in college I’ve lost all ability to properly place commas and avoid run on sentences. Sometimes I just put commas and otherwise in places just to look pretty. On the other hand I can spell words that I’ve never even heard before, so maybe the party years didn’t completely ruin me.
5. I may be the mother of two kids (Brosnan 7, Liam 5) but this does not mean I am a fan of family flicks, nor does my sex make me partial to romantic comedies. In fact, each are my least favorite genre. I prefer Science Fiction or a mindless Action flick any day.
6. I eventually plan on getting a Star Wars tattoo and as I already have a few tattoos and plans for many others it is the first in many movie influenced art that will potentially grace my body. What I can’t commit to is a character or dialogue. I think I just want to have “I Know” on my wrist. That sums my character up pretty well.
7. I used to hate Viggo Mortensen, and then one day I saw him in something other than A Perfect Murder and realized I love him more every second of every minute of every day. My favorite actor by leaps and bounds of this past decade. He has more talent in his pinky than most actors in their entire body. Watch Eastern Promises and try not to be blown away.
I now am tagging:
Will @ The Film Reel
Ruben @ The Floating Red Couch
Cello @ Japan Cinema
Andrew @ Encore Entertainment
Fitz @ Nevermind Pop Film