Dan you are a gentleman and a scholar kind sir! Thanks for recognizing me with the Versatile Blogger Award in the post on your site . I am the first to admit that I am not as good at posting and commenting on many film community websites and for that I am also astounded that I was recognized.
Here are the rules to this if you are not familiar:
Rule #1: Thank the person who gave you this award
Rule #2: Share 7 things about yourself
Rule #3: Pass the award along to fifteen other blogs who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reasons! (in no particular order)
Rule #4: Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
Now that I have thanked Dan for the kind recognition lets get into the action:
7 Facts About Me
1. While spending 6 months in a body cast I was able to solidify my love of two things: movies and video games. There is not much to do when you are confined to a bed. I spent most of my time watching movies and playing my Super Nintendo. I have an eclectic taste when it comes to film.
2. Just like Jon I am also somewhat of a nomad and have lived all over the country thanks to my father who was in Advertising. I have lived in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Idaho, Missouri, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky and now New Jersey. I must admit I loved living in Missouri, Idaho and now enjoy New Jersey.
3. My greatest fear is that I love most of the movies that I see and review and that I am constantly giving kind reviews that make me feel one sided. I have to constantly remind myself to keep an open mind when writing my reviews and to maybe occasionally give a poor review when one is deserved. Believe me sometimes I do see a movie that I hate and usually don’t feel like wasting my time reviewing it.
4. I am currently on sabbatical well actually I am unemployed. I have been since December. My professional career has been in fund raising and I have worked for over 10 years in a university setting in some capacity of annual giving. I love to write and share my thoughts so I may be up for a career change. I believe that things happen for a reason and that perhaps I will finally get around to writing a script.
5. My parents moved away on me when I started school at the University of Missouri in 1995. Throughout college I lived in my Fraternity house and graduated in 1999. I would not trade that experience for anything in the world. I was able to hone my drinking skills as well as work on my ever growing passion for foul language.
6. I spend way too much money and time at the movies. I know that may sound silly because I am a movie critic but I do. I love to see at least one movie or more in theaters a week. I also watch something on Redbox and Netflix too each week. There are so many movies that I see but do not review because I get sidetracked with playing my PS3.
7. I took the three film courses offered at my University and did not do that well actually in them. I love to watch movies and I like to critique them but I am never going to follow a traditional path. One of the main reasons I love writing with Heather and Jon is because we each have a unique approach to films and writing reviews!
Pay It Forward!
I am in the same boat as Jon, I don’t have 15 fellow movie writers to mention but I will give it my best shot to get as close as possible.
Branden at Foolish Blatherings : One of the fist people aside from Heather to actually reach out and contact me so thanks man!
Nathaniel Rogers at Film Experience Blog
Alex at Film Forager : Hands down one of the best site designs on Blogger, not to mention great writing skills.
Encore Entertainment : I am so very sorry I do not know your first name but I love the comments that you post on our site so keep it up and the great work on your blog!
Kat Hill at Action Flick Chick because I wish I envy her interview skills
Meredith Carter at M. Carter @ the Movies
Castor Troy at Anomalous Material
As of right now I am coming down from my sugar high from having toast and jelly for dinner so I am at a loss for any further writers to give a shout out too.
Be sure to add me on and fan me on my
Add me on